I have always loved the black and white photos with just a bit of color showing through. I have done this before but, wasn’t really sure how it was supposed to be done. Taking the color out one at a time effects too many parts of the photo and doesn’t always give me the look I want.
It had been a long time since I really PLAYED with Photoshop and when I just sat with it for a moment, I found the simplest way to do it. I know, you Photoshop wizards are probably thinking . . . DUH! Excuse me, though, because I am just getting back to my photography after about a five year hiatus from serious shooting.
Here it is. Add a layer, make it black and white, erase the area that needs to show the color through. SO SIMPLE.
Even with just a spot of color, I like the effect. It helps that yellow is one of my favorite colors.
What do you think?
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Color (marsocmom.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Color (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Colour (lucidgypsy.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: (Colour) (brettfish.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: color (catbirdinoman.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: color (starlight427.wordpress.com)
- New post Weekly Photo Challenge: Color (familyphotosfoodcraft.com)